Tickets for Pattaya Floating Market: 5 dollars
Tickets for the elephant vilage pataya: 30 dollars
Tickets for Bellieve it or not: 20 dollars
Tickets for Alcazar show: 15 dollars
Tickets for Pattaya Mini Siam : 10 dollars
Tickets for Thai traditional culture of pattya Alangkarn: 20 dollars
Power socket problem in Thailand
The power sockets in Thailand are two holes, 220V, 50h. The plug of three hole socket is different, and converter is required. The two hole socket is the same, so no converter is needed. There are converter in 7-11 on the streets of Thailand.
Banks and currencies
Thai currency unit is baht, English baht, pronunciation is “Ba”. There are five denominations of banknotes, including 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 baht, and seven types of coins of 5, 10, 25, 50 satang and 1, 5 and 10 baht. One baht is 100 satang.
Access to baht:
1. Direct purchase in China is the highest exchange rate.
2. In ATM machines with UnionPay mark or Thai affiliated bank, baht can be directly extracted by bank card. Other ATM machines without these two types of marks can also be tried.
3. Exchange euro, dollar or Hong Kong dollar at home, and then convert to Thai baht in Thailand. Two exchanges will cause certain exchange rate losses. Generally speaking, the exchange rate of banks will be slightly lower than that of street exchange stores.
4. In Thailand, it is directly exchanged in US dollars.
Bank of Thailand and exchange office:
Thai domestic banks usually have business hours from 8:30-15:30 from Monday to Friday, and rest on Saturday and Sunday. There are many exchange offices directly under the jurisdiction of banks in the busy streets of Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket. In these exchange offices, the hours of business are up to 20:30 p.m., and some even go to the night. It is important to note that some banks do not accept the 96 version and previous dollars.
How to use UnionPay card in Thailand
UnionPay in Thailand: in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket Island and Pattaya, there are more than 2000 POS machines in shops in Thailand, which can use UnionPay credit card to swipe cards. In total, more than 8000 ATMs, such as Kasikorn bank, TMB military Bank of Thailand and SCIB Bank of Thailand, can directly extract Thai baht by UnionPay card. It is suggested to withdraw cash (green fuselage) on ATM of Thai Farmers Bank in Thailand. The service of the bank is very good. The ATM machine has full Chinese operation interface, and its logo color is green.
1. The withdrawal of cash from credit card (credit card) requires paying interest or high service fee. It is suggested that debit card (savings card) should be used as much as possible for ATM withdrawal;
2. Credit card is limited by credit limit, which may cause high cost caused by exceeding credit limit. It is recommended to use savings card when consuming large amount;
3. In addition to cash withdrawal, UnionPay card can also be used in most of Thailand’s major shopping malls and stores;
4. Please enter the password when swiping the card, regardless of debit card or credit card; if there is no password, please press confirm directly;
5. Some stores or ATMs may not have a UnionPay logo posted at present. It is recommended that you ask the cashier or bank service personnel of the store.
6. UnionPay Thailand 24-hour service hotline: 0018-001-2066-5999
How to tip in Thailand
In addition to the fact that most hotels and restaurants will increase their bill by 10 percent, there are other places where tips may be required. Of course, these are not necessarily, but more of a kind of etiquette. In addition, when tipping, do not give coins, because coins are for beggars, so tip at least 20 baht.
Thai massage: flexible for massage operator with service quality or professional level, generally 50-100 THB
Jungle elephant riding: about 50 baht for trainer each time
Take photos with the demon: About 20-100 baht per person
Baggage tip: 20 baht for the bellman in one room at a time
Tip for bed: 20 baht per day for a room
Hotel staff have good service, and they can give tips as appropriate. Generally, the rate of tip is about THB 20 or $1 a month. The rate of restaurant tip is 10% of consumption.
The tourist service center hotline is 1155, which aims to provide tourists with fast service and to meet international standards. It is the confidence of foreign tourists to Thailand tourism.
How to handle the tax refund procedures
1. Tax refund notice: tourists can purchase goods in Thailand and can ask for a refund of 7% VAT when they return home. After purchasing the goods marked “VAT reference for tourism”, and spending more than 2000b in a store (which can be used in different counters and the invoices issued by the store) on the same day, you can fill in a “VAT refund application for tour form” application form for refund of passengers with passport on the day of shopping, and then print an “original tax” Original tax certificate of invoices (the service center or the tax refund counter shall ask for form p.p.10 and receipt, ask the clerk to fill in two tax refund forms, affix the invoice on the form and seal it). When the total value of the goods accumulated under the same passport exceeds 5000 baht, the refund can be made at the airport on the departure day. Taxes not exceeding 3000B will be transferred in THB cash or bank draft or card. If the tax exceeds 3000B, only the latter two methods can be used. All of these will be charged with a handling fee of 100b and the bill transfer fee. Note: the application form should be filled in with the same passport personal data to concentrate the amount; only the goods paid at the checkout desk are the shopping mall counter, while those directly paid at the counter are private counters, and the consumption amount will not be recorded in the accumulated amount.
2. Stamp of tax refund: after arriving at the 4th floor of airport, first, go to VAT Review Office (behind row h), show passport, tax refund form, and purchase goods listed on the tax refund form for inspection (generally, no inspection is required), and the official will stamp the tax refund form.
3. Check in and check in the luggage.
4. Handling customs entry procedures and security inspection
5. Go to the departure hall (duty free shop area), find the VAT found (counter) counter (D and e area), show your passport, and return 7% of the accumulated consumption tax on each tax refund to you after the tax refund, but the refund fee of 100 baht will be charged. If you buy precious goods such as jewelry, watches and other valuables, you need to show the goods you purchased when you receive the refund, so this should be taken into account when you take the boarding pass to check in the luggage before.
Post office and communications
1. Thailand local code: 66
2. How to use SIM card in China in foreign countries: 1) SIM card of China Mobile can be used in Thailand, but it must be opened for international roaming.
3. SIM card in Thailand
Chinese mobile phones can use Thai local SIM cards. There are three SIM cards in Thailand: happy card, 1-2-call card and true card. There is no long-term telephone in Thailand. The pre-stored telephone fee is 0, which can be answered as usual. However, the validity period of the pre-stored telephone fee must be paid attention to. If the validity period is over, only one phone charge can be charged or a phone card can be replaced.
1) Happy card: one way charge, can be purchased from most 7-11 stores, and let the clerk recharge and set the language to English. The price is 199 baht, including 50 baht. It is 7b/ min. to call back to China and 1b/ minute to Thailand.
2) 1-2-call card: SIM card issued by AIS, Thailand’s largest mobile communication company, and has good signal on small islands. It can be purchased from most 7-11 stores, and the shop assistant can be charged and set in English. The price is 250 baht, including 50 baht. Another is to promote: 300 baht for 300 baht for telephone. It’s 6b/ minute to call back home. Call Thailand: from 5:00 to 17:00, each domestic telephone in Thailand will receive 1 baht, namely 1b/call, and from 17:00 to 5:00, one baht per minute, i.e. 1b/ minute.
3) True card: one 99 THB, including 30 baht telephone charge. Call back to China in 30 seconds. The calculation is about 6 baht per minute.
1-2-call card is able to roam internationally by default, and the balance can be checked. Both of these cards are cheaper, so it is recommended to buy 1-2-call cards.
5. Local fixed / public
1) Thailand’s telephone system is run by the over telephone company of Thailand Telecom Bureau, which is very efficient. Visitors can also call IDD in the post office;
2) Call China: 009 country code (86) local area code (the first 0 provincial) telephone number;
3) 5b/ minute call back to China
Thailand Post system is relatively efficient, but generally does not mail cash and small valuables, and provides mail retention Bureau for receiving service. It is about 15 baht from Thailand to China.